Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Big Promises

If you haven't read this post from Philip Linden, I would recommend doing so now. It certainly accentuates the hope that Linden Lab will someday fix all of the crashes, bugs, and frustrations that generally plague the world we call Second Life.

For my part, I think his words are encouraging but I still have my believe-it-when-I-see-it attitude. It's easy to make a big promise, but it's hard to deliver on it. Fortunately, I think Linden Labs finally has the resources (250 employees?!?) to do what they need to do, and they've certainly proven to the world that SL is a viable (and possibly profitable) world, which will bring investors if needed. That, and I have a guess as to what all the extra revenue from the mainland sales is being used for now. Let's hope it's worthwhile.

In other, more random news, I had my first Second Life birthday yesterday. I can't log in to check my profile right now, but I believe that I created my account on 11/20/2006. Happy birthday to me!

1 comments:

Xavier Mohr said...

Woot! Happy Birthday Guardian! And Happy Thanksgiving on a side note, hehe! Xavier Mohr

Google